Sunday, November 8, 2009

Home again, home again, Jiggity Jig.

I got home safe and sound, despite the check engine light being on the whole way home. But then it turned itself off at night. What the hell is with that? Now, do I bring it in ASAP, or do I wait and see what happens. The budget says to wait and see, but I worry we might cause bigger problems if we do that.

I got home around 1:30 pm and the kids were so happy to see me. They ran to me and hugged and kissed me. It was so sweet! Penny was happy to see me too, but for other reasons! Ah, the sweet relief of the other parent arriving home after a weekend away! I gave Penny some relief and took the kids to the park for a few hours, so she could watch her blasted football in peace.

The evening was a whirlwind of activity and I will post more about that tomorrow.

Some funny tales from the road: I stopped at a rest area as I crossed the VT border. I passed a woman waiting for someone to come out of the restroom. As I passed, the other party must have come out, as the first woman said, "What'd you do? Fall in?" Now, is there any dignified way to answer this question? There are only a few things that cause you to be waylaid in the bathroom, and none of them are particularly ready for prime-time, if you know what I mean. If I was the second woman, I think I would have had to answer something like: "I was taking a giant dump. Is that ok with you?"

And I also saw a bumpersticker that I thought was particularly poignant. On a pick-up truck with several bumper stickers which I would never affix to my car, I saw this gem: The background was the confederate flag. And it read: "You can't fix stupid." Touche, Mr. Pick-up truck, touche! The other one I liked on that truck, which was so tasteful, was the Red Sox's mascot, the Green Monster, urinating on the New York Yankees logo. Now that, my friends, is what we call classy. So, you can't fix stupid, but can you fix trashy? How about tasteless?

No comments: