Monday, November 9, 2009

I did it!

It is time to go to bed, but I wanted to write about my great day today. It was day #1 of the South Beach Diet. I stayed 100% on plan, and even took a walk at lunch time. Yeah! I am so proud of myself. I found some candy in my desk from Halloween and some in my purse from the scrapbooking retreat. I dumped it all into the community candy dish at work and never looked back. Go me!

I attended my book club meeting tonight, where my friend and I brought our own South Beach friendly dinner components to share, so that we could stay on plan. I passed up a potato curry dish, rice, cheese spread and crackers, wine, and chocolate chip cookies and apple cake. (And then I brought cookies home for Penny and I managed to not eat them all on the way home! I did not even eat one!!) Having my friend there to support me really helped me stay on track and not want to stray. After the meeting, we talked about our plans for tomorrow and how to stay on track. I then came home and made my lunch for tomorrow. Planning ahead helps so much. As my dad used to say, "Plan your work and work your plan." Another quote I like is "Failure to plan is a plan to fail." This is so true for me when it comes to making big changes in life.

Here's hoping that day #2 is as great as day #1 and that I can keep up this momentum with support from my friend. One meal at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. I can do this!

Oh gosh, I have not been posting things I am thankful for. I gotta stop posting late at night, 'cuz my memory is just shot.

Things I am thankful for today:
1) New local friends/twin moms in my book club that are fun and supportive
2) My ability to be vulnerable and put myself out there
3) The South Beach Diet

4 comments:

alim said...

Hey Parker-

I caught up on your blogs last night when I couldn't sleep. Nice work! I'm really proud of you for this new journey that you started yesterday!!! You've got it, girl.

Anonymous said...

you go girl! great plan!

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry, that was me. southwesterngemini

Nikki said...

Congrats and keep up the great work! You are an inspiration to so many of us girlfriend! Love and hugs,
Nikki