Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quote of the day

Taylor was watching me get dressed. As I put on my bra, the following conversation took place... (with toddler language intentionally left in)

Taylor: (pointing to my bra) That not yours shirt, mama?

Me: No, it's not my shirt.

Taylor: What is it?

Me: That's my bra.

Taylor: That keeps yours boops warm?

Me: Yes, Taylor, that keeps my boobs warm.

God, she is hilarious! And the way the toddler mind works is just fascinating!

Penny and I went out to dinner with some other twin moms tonight, and left J&T home with their favorite sitter, Corrina. All went well and we had a nice (albeit short) night out. Oh, and Jordan pooped on the potty while we were gone. He poops on the potty regularly at daycare, and now at home, for Corrina. He will not poop on the potty at home for us. What the hell??

Have you heard of the website restaurant.com? If not, you should check it out. They regularly have sales on restaurant gift certificates where you can buy a $25 gift certificate for $2 - $4! We happened to have one for the place we went tonight that I bought for $2! Some restrictions apply: has to be eat in, has to be at least 2 people in the party, you have to spend at least $35 to use the $25 off, an 18% gratuity gets added at the end of the meal/onto the total bill, and most of them can only be used at dinner. All fine with me. There are a number of restaurants in this are that have certificates available. So, tonight our bill for the two of us was about $37 with tax and tip. We threw in the gift certificate, and another $12 in cash and we were good to go. So, for $14 we got $40 worth of restaurant experience and food. Add the $30 we paid the babysitter, and we got a night out for a total of $44. Not too shabby!

Things I am thankful for today:
1) Restaurant.com
2) A third day of South Beach that went well, including a restaurant meal!
3) Good weather that allowed for a one hour walk with the kids and my SB buddy.

1 comment:

zeebah said...

"yours boops"! i love it.

also, thank you for the restaurant.com tip! it is really going to come in handy...